Saturday, December 13, 2008

Christmas Carols on a Rainy Night.



It was a good time catching up with friends and making some new ones. Also took my brand new Canon EOS 50D camera on its 2nd social outing today (the 1st was a wedding of a colleague) . Anyways, it was a good chance to try out the flash metering system, which I must comment is a whole lot better that the 400D.

It was a rainy night, had been raining the whole day. After dinner and Christmas carols, we went out to the neighbourhood to watch the houses of neighbours who had decorated their properties with lights and moving dolls. Some of them with mechnical movements depicted scenes of the birth of Jesus.


The really fun thing however, besides taking photos of food and people and basically giving the camera a good try out, was the fact that I could take the camera out in the light rain and basically give this semi weather sealed camera a good try out. I also then hone my skills in handling myself and this camera at night, in the dark and in the rain.



We sure had a good time with the food and company. Plus I got to chat with a budding photographer who had just got his first external flash. Gave him a few tips on how to use bounce flash and how to avoid shadows below the eyes. .... use a catch light.


No comments: