Sunday, April 19, 2009

Apple MacMini Upgrade

Well, my Apple MacMini finally arrived some days ago and yesterday I finally upgraded a.k.a. hacked my Apple Personal Computer....

From 120GB low capacity and slow hard drive to a Western Digital 500GB big and faster hard drive.

And from 1GB of inferior Apple supplied RAM which incidentally comes from a little known supplier in Singapore to 4GB of OWC DDR3 RAM, which exceeds Apple's specs. This memory runs rock solid on the MacMini.

Of course, before I did the upgrade, I cloned the existing HD to the new 500GB WD HD, tested it by booting from an external drive before installing it into the MacMini.

Piece of cake.... heres the shots...

Oh and incidentally, this is my first Apple Computer. The Apple II PCs in the '80s never did capture my immagination. There lacked the graphics and usability of the Atari 800 Home Computer, which had 5 CPUs... one each for graphics, audio etc. But I digress...




No comments: