Sunday, January 4, 2009

Chasing waterfalls and nature treaking


Here's some photos of my few days of chasing waterfalls, photographing them and often getting so close I could feel the spray on my face. Really refreshing. And yes my new EOS 50D performed well, and so did my Canon Powershot G10. Both cameras in the 15MP range and providing excellent image quality, built quality and handling. With the G10 you get to take videos of course. I use this to capture the ambience - the feeling, the sights and well as the sounds. It lets me take home and enjoy what would otherwise be a half day's drive and hour or so hike down to the falls to enjoy be there. Isn't technology supposed to make our lives easier and better? I think in this case it does, but only if you apply it properly.

Combining ones' hiking & backpacking skills, love for nature, love for technology and skill in photography and creative use of your creativity and taking time out to enjoy is what makes a holiday worthwhile. YEA!


Yes my Mag Fiber tripod is indeed in the water. Kinda makes me glad that I spent the money on this instead of one of those metal legged ones. No rust to worry about here.

No comments: